The Office of Campus Climate will develop initiatives to engage, develop, educate and foster an inclusive and supportive working, learning, teaching, living and researching environment.
These inititatives will be informed by the Advisory Council on Campus Climate, Culture and Inclusion (CCCI), Faculty Welfare, Diversity and Academic Freedom committee (FWDAF), Associated Students of UC Merced (ASUCM), Graduate Students Association (GSA), LGBTQ+ Advisory Committee, Staff Affinity groups and others.
Examples of possible initiatives:
- Campus book/reading projects
- Creating a UC Merced snapshot
- Development of this website
- Diversity education and training
- Fundraising for diversity and inclusion projects
- Growing Our Own professional development
- LGBTQ+ advisory committee
- Staff and faculty affinity groups