Successful Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Grant proposals will specifically describe and include supporting data regarding how the program will contribute to and enhance UC Merced’s campus climate as a more equitable and inclusive place to study, research and work. Proposals must include one or more findings from documented climate surveys, findings or statistics.
For more documentation on climate information, please visit the most recent data reports page on the Office of Campus Climate website.
All proposals will be considered on the following criteria:
- Institutional and Grant Alignment: Proposals will: (1) specifically describe and include supporting data on how the program will contribute to and enhance UC Merced’s campus climate and (2) describe and include supporting data from documented climate surveys, findings or statistics.
- Innovation: Proposals will describe a new, high impact, collaborative, experimental and/or sustainable approach to enhancing and/or addressing an area of campus climate.
- Impact: Proposals will (1) detail the expected difference(s) the project will make on the issues addressed, the audience(s) it will serve, and the number of people it will affect and (2) include supporting impact data from documented climate surveys, findings or statistics.
- Collaboration: Proposals will identify how the project will bring together two or more campus entities, advance mutual goals and/or share knowledge and specifically identify how the project will be integrated into the activities of teaching, research or public service.
- Project Leadership: Proposals will detail the leadership, capacity and qualifications of the individual or group to implement the project and will specifically describe how each individual will implement the components of the project. Project managers must be in good standing with the university.
- Sustainability: The project is likely to be continued and incorporated or replicated by other organizations on campus. Demonstration of likelihood is supported with facts.
- Budget Justification: The Budget form is complete, detailed, data driven and provides specific information about why each item is requested.